GSTN advisory on payment of tax under QRMP scheme for march 2021
Every registered person who is required to file return GSTR 3B, having aggregate annual turnover in the preceding the financial year up to Rs. 5 Crore can opt for QRMP scheme. The facility to avail the scheme, would be available on the GSTN portal, throughout the year. A registered person can opt in for any quarter from first day of second month of preceding quarter to the last day of the first month of the quarter. GSTN has issued advisory on payment of tax under QRMP scheme for march 2021, which is as follows.-
- All taxpayers having aggregate turnover up to Rs 5 crores, under QRMP Scheme (w.e.f. 01.01.2021 onwards), are required to furnish return on quarterly basis, along with payment of tax on monthly basis.
- Persons availing QRMP Scheme are required to pay tax due, in each of the three months of the quarter, by depositing the due amount as discussed below.
- Payment of Tax for first two months of a quarter (M1 & M2 ie for January and February month for Jan-March Quarter):
- While generating the challan, taxpayers must select “Monthly payment for quarterly taxpayer” as reason for generating the challan.
- They can choose either of the following two options to generate the Challan:
- 35% Challan (Fixed Sum Method): For taxpayers opting for this method, portal will generate a pre-filled challan in Form GST PMT-06, for an amount equal to 35% of the tax paid in cash, in the preceding quarter, if the return was furnished quarterly or equal to the tax paid in cash in the last month of the immediately preceding quarter, if the return was furnished monthly.
- Challan on a self-assessment basis (Self-Assessment Method): These taxpayers can pay tax due by considering the tax liability on inward and outward supplies and the input tax credit as available, in FORM GST PMT-06 Note: The aforesaid options are not available for payment of tax for third month (M3) of the quarter to persons availing QRMP Scheme.
- Payment of Tax for third month of a quarter (M3 ie for March month for Jan-March Quarter): For third month of the quarter (M3), taxpayers can click button ‘Create Challan’ in Payment Table 6 of Form GSTR-3B and file GST-PMT-06 Challan, for depositing any amount towards their tax liability.
- For more details on QRMP Scheme, please click on below links:
This is for your information and necessary action please.
Disclaimer:The article or blog or post (by whatever name) in this website is based on the writer’s personal views and interpretation of Act. The writer does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Also, www.babatax.com and its members do not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility for author’s article and understanding of user.
For Advertising with us-
- Mail us at email@example.com
- Whatsapp us at +91-7024984925